My 55th birthday poem, a present to myself …. you decide if it is inspiring or depressing ….♥
closer to the edge
day by day
I skirt the sepia
I’ll lock the door
block the door
maybe step outside
and change the world
welcome to my world
my inner eternal battles
where even blood is gray
when coagulated by time
hope pushes out fear
pain and despair
is it all in vain
as I chase the gray
© 2017 michael d emmerich
I had the honour of being nominated by MrAnonymous, for the above award. More about him and his unique blog in his own words:
Stop by, and we hope you’ll become apart of the Project: Heard family. You are the voice, we are the platform.
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link.
2. Nominate at least 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs. Also, inform them about the nomination.
3. Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
Seven Facts About Me
- I love my cats
- Travel way to much and spend to much time away from home
- Enjoy the outdoors – Running and MTB
- Live on the most exciting continent – Africa
- Addicted to EMS ♥♥
- Chocoholic 🙂 … say no more
- Enjoy Bourbon and Cigars
There we go … some useful (or useless) trivia about me 🙂
My 10 Nominations – In no particular order – far be it for me to be accused of favouritism 🙂
They are a strange mix of poetry, books, music and writing sites .. a unique eclectic mix, I encourage you to pop in and visit them. They give me many happy hours of distraction.
See you in the blogsphere, next time,
Regards mikesnexus (aka – ME)